Monday, September 20, 2021

Application Considerations

I was notified by Google today on my Windows machine about an update to Google Drive and how they are changing over to a new version. This got me thinking about all the secondary applications I use that I didn't think about. So I've compiled a non-complete list below:

  • Google Drive

  • Dropbox

  • 7zip

  • Discord

  • Zoom

Hmm, now that I look at the list, its a lot smaller than I thought. I have purposefully not added applications that I know will be available such as Visual Studio Code, various programming language SDKs such as Python, Rust, Java. Video editing and image editing are native to Linux.

Office applications are through Google. I left the Microsoft office product eco system years ago when I was no longer a student and then had to pay the fees to write word documents.

No comments:

Post a Comment