Tuesday, September 14, 2021

An Acceptable Challenge

 
I've thrown the gauntlet down, more so to myself than at others. After administering and using Microsoft operating systems for many years, I've never truly cut myself away from the operating system. See there's a very strong hold on Microsoft's ability to provide a gaming platform, AKA Windows. Steam has recently changed this playing field as well as the explosion of indie developers that do not want be held to AAA game engine standards and publisher requirements.
Windows 11 is released Oct 5, 2021. At that time I will wipe my hard drive and install Linux. I'll cut myself from Microsoft completely and see how it goes, documenting it all here.
I will provide information about potential distros and build details as I start to figure them out.
The purpose of this effort is not to malign Microsoft or Windows. The recent discussions about Windows 11 though have made this effort all the more viable as I look to leave that ecosystem to something more freeing.


No comments:

Post a Comment