Wednesday, October 6, 2021

First Night With Manjaro

I intended to try installing a Steam game sooner but was interrupted by a snake sneaking into our house. Fortunately for us a sticky trap caught before it could get to where it wanted to go. After some olive oil and patience, its unstuck, inside a plastic bin, where it will hang out until I release it far from our house tomorrow.

Tonight I wanted to test No Man's Sky on Steam in Manjaro. I had to enable the Steam Play feature in Steam before it would allow me to install the game. This is found under the Steam menu button at the top -> Settings -> Steam Play and "enabling Steam Play for all other titles." After a quick restart of steam, I was able to then install No Man's Sky.

The installation is proceeding like it would in a Windows environment, I'm typing this up as it downloads all the necessary files....Maybe I'll go check on the snake while I wait.

The installation went off without a single issue. I didn't even have to deal with those annoying additional dot.net installation requirements! The game loaded with the same speed as my Windows installation and runs just as well, if not a tad bit better frame rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment