Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day's Two and Three

Day two and was a bit more complicated Isla and much more heart breaking. There was a major accident on Rt. 32 which backed things up quite a bit, of course I had a chance to duck off side roads but was trying to pay more attention to the road than my cell phone maps. When we finally arrived at day care we had been on the road over an hour and it should have been about half that.

Day care had started breakfast by the time we got there so I seated you in your chair and you just let loose. Miss Linda asked that I put the tray on your chair because they were being careful about you throwing up. All the while you were giving me this awful look of abandonment while crying. It wasn't easy to leave you, I wanted to sit down with you and feed you breakfast but its all for the better.

Day three turned in to just as much of a crap storm due to the rain. We took the back roads earlier this time which got us to day care much earlier. They weren't starting breakfast yet this time! When I sat you down though and kissed you good bye you promptly turned and started crying. The lady in the evening said you would cry a bit when various adults would come to pick up their kids, I guess looking for one of us.

Miss Linda said this will take about two weeks to adjust, its for the better though as you'll meet new kids, pick up new habits and develop easier. Tomorrow I think I'll swing by during lunch to peak in on you. Not sure if I'll actually walk in since I don't want to distract you.

No comments:

Post a Comment