Saturday, November 22, 2014

How time flies

Well Isla you have another cousin as of Thursday night at 10pm-ish! Made me think a bit, your Aunt Shana now has a less than week old baby, your Aunt Amie has 6 month old and here you are around a year and a half!

Little things like carrying you everywhere around the house are no longer necessary, you can pretty much feed yourself, you can entertain yourself for much longer stretches (thank god!) Other little things were so minute that I didn't realize them until I thought about it: asking you to turn away in the morning when I turn the lamp in your room, which you do almost instinctively now. I like how you don't cry as much when I drop you off at daycare, it's more of a forced attempt at crying where your face is more screwed up than a normal cry. You're much better at handing me your sippy up of milk on the morning drive than letting it sit on the car seat in the back while we're stuck in traffic!

It's amazing how quick these little changes happen and I didn't even notice them till I stopped to think about it.

Oh one last note! You're able to walk and chew at the same time so you're probably not going to be a blonde when you get older, your hair will probably darken :(

No comments:

Post a Comment